Risk management and compliance are critical aspects of any business, but they’re especially important in trade. In particular, risk management allows a company to:
- Achieve greater compliance.
- Reduce potential penalty liability.
- Prepare for a CBP audit.
A good risk management strategy includes periodic reviews of current compliance efforts. Compliance with import and export regulations improves the movement of goods into and out of the country. It also saves your business costly penalties.
PTSI: Your Compliance Partners
Balancing operational objectives with compliance can sometimes be challenging. That’s only one of many ways our expertise can benefit your business.
Compliance Reviews and Audits
As part of both our managed and consulting services, PTSI conducts compliance reviews and audits of your import and/or foreign-trade zone operations to determine any areas that need to be addressed before Customs & Border Protection (CBP) detects them. We also identify and recommend operational improvements.
Our expert team can focus on either specific areas of concern or on your company’s overall import or export operations. Key areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
- Country of Origin Marking
- Quantity Declarations
- Broker Compliance
- CBP’s Notices and Inquiries
- Internal Controls
- Review C-TPAT Compliance
- Special Programs (free trade agreements, 9801, 9802, GSP, etc.)
We also offer both consulting and managed services in the following areas:
- Training – Whether your team is new to compliance or experienced, we provide training on compliance rules, regulations and procedures so that your team can facilitate compliance.
- Importer Self-Assessment (ISA) – Importers who commit to self-monitoring their compliance can receive many benefits from the ISA Program. PTSI can vet your compliance by examining your trends and statistics, and much more. Please see our Trade and Customs Services for more information.
- Compliance Manuals – We help create manuals covering everything you need to know regarding your specific compliance process and requirements.
- Ongoing Support – Our staff of trade professionals can either fully manage your compliance and risk management needs for the long term, or support your company on an as-needed basis